Monday, May 06, 2013

La La Land mothers day challenge

Well even though its on a different day here, here is my card for the Mothers Day/Wedding/graduation challenge by the lovely LLLC.

So without further ado here it is!

Enjoy!



So for this card I thought muted tones were the way to go.  I used the KC collection 'The Lake House' as this is a collection that has a lot of mothers sentiments. 

So for the body of the card I used KC basic cardstock in Blossom. I then trimmed down a piece of the green embossed paper from 'The Lake House' paper pad. (reason I use a of paper pads are 1) they are a good size for cards and 2) you get different papers 3) you get metallic and embossed pages) I then chose the striped paper as it picks up the pink in the cardstock.  I then used one of the tags from the same collection and stamped the LLLC sentiment 'your amazing' on it in 'Espresso Truffle' and positioned this on the side.

Next I moved onto the main image. Using the lovely hollyhock style flowers from the LLLC company I stamped it on a die cut piece from my Cuttlebug.  It is stamped in the same colour as the sentiment. I added stamped images of butterflies and bees to the side of it to make it look like a garden scene. 

I coloured the image using Copic, Here are the colours I used t create my garden image.

Flower: RV34, R20, BV00, Y17
Stem: YG63, YG03,
Butterfly: BV60, RR20
Bee: Y17, BV23

Around the image I took the sponge off a sponge paint brush and lightly dabbed Tim Holtz Distress Ink in 'Spun Sugar' around to link in with the cardstock. I added some bling to the image by applying Stickles 'Fairy Dust' to the flowers to make them twinkle. I added some rhinestone brads down the side of the card and added material flowers from Prima. I finished off by adding a lovely bluebird to the top left corner which is mounted on 3D foam.

Love D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx