Thursday, June 06, 2013

Anything goes challenge!

Hi there craft fellows!

Well the lovely people at two of my fave blogs have thrown up the same challenge! Anything goes! woohooo got to love it as get to see lots of different things! So the challenges I am entering in are

Mid Week Magnolia's- Anything goes- frontage/vintage element option
Marvelous Magnolia's- Anything goes

So here is my card!

As usual I used the lovely plum coloured basic cardstock from KC for the body of the card. I also used their old retired collection '13th Hour' as this is a lovely spooky range from them.  For this I used the masking technique a few times to make a spooky scene- I first stamped Tilda as a devil and then masked her and stamped my fave (weird probably!) the tombstone. So it looks like she is sitting on it. Then masked the pair of them and stamped the mushrooms, this was then masked and Edwin which I LOVE as a mummy to finish the spooky theme.

Now I have just started using the Distress Inks, they are AMAZING! So here are the colours I used!

Skin- Tattered Rose/Worn Lipstick/Tea Dye
Dress- Spiced Marmalade
Wings/sock- Fired Brick/Barn Door
Tomb stone- Crushed olive/ vintage photo/tea dye
Edwin- weathered wood/pumice stone
Grass- pine needles/crushed olive/scattered straw

I like to have a bit of a colour wash in the background so for this I used 'Broken China'.

I then distressed the design papers and added some 'Seedless Preserve' to the edges. I then added a dark red ribbon, and frayed the ends. Added to this was some purple lace from Bo Bunny. Then some KC purple rhinestones.  Underneath you will see poking out, a red feather, just to add some texture to the card.

I then added some pale purple lilies to the card and a haunted house charm.


Now of the inside I used the mushrooms again and stamped them then embossed them in 1) Ranger Holographic powder and 2) Ranger fine detail black powder- just to carry the poison mushroom theme through from the front.

So here it is! Hope you like it

Love D xx






9 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable! Are you a big fan of Halloween? I love it! Your card is amazing. Thank you for sharing it with Midweek Magnolias :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just fell in love with the Halloween and so spooky collections that Magnolia produced. I like the fun aspect of it and love the way the USA do it. And thought it would be a bit different to the other cards! thank you for such an awesome challenge!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, Davinia. I love Halloween cards. Tilda and Edwin are so sweet. Fabulous sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely challenge! I just adore these stamps and esp love Edwin and tombstone!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card love the stamps you have used.
    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Midweek Magnolia's, hope you will join us for our next challenge.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yip for sure!!!!! bring on the next one! love dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Davinia!!
    Love how you combined these stamps..
    Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias!!
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, lovely Tilda.
    Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias this week.
    Hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you guys! loved this challenge and chance to break out the awesome Halloween stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx