Saturday, October 26, 2013

a bit of red and white



well I thought I would do something bright and cheerful as we have such a grey day here in the Pilbara. So my colour scheme is red and white. I love the fresh crisp feel of the white against the bright red. such a lovely combo.

I will be entering my card in the following challenges-

Midweek Magnolia- Lots of layers
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog- Button up
Tilda's Town Challenge Blog- Bling

So for this card I used one of my new stamps, miss Tilda sewing. Isnt she cute! I used Kaisercraft and Bazzill bling card stock for this card. I used Maja DP for the striped paper. I layered each piece of coloured card with white as I love the way it edges it. 

Tilda is coloured using Distress inks- here is my combo;

Skin- Tattered Rose/Tea dye/Worn lipstick/ Spun sugar
Hair- Antique Linen/Vintage Photo
Dress- Fired brick/festive berries
Blanket- Shabby shutters/festive berries/ old paper
Needle- Pumice stone
Aura- Broken China

I used WOC flowers around the edge. The buttons are dotted in with the flowers and the bow is also a button. I used some lace from LLC and same for the ribbon.

I added sparklets, and rhinestones to the edge of the card to make it sparkle along with a kiasercraft rhinestone flourish and some Stickles in 'Fairy Dust'. The red ghost leaf is from Prima.

The closet thing I could find to a need was the Tim Holtz pen nibs! So that is nestled in with the flowers. 

My sentiment is a spin on the 'so in love' but since Tilda is sewing I used that version of the word 'Sew in love'. I used a Magnolia Doohickey die for the shape and lined with red Bazzill card once again.

I hope you like my card!



Glitter Words

[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]



7 comments:

  1. Darling card, Davinia. Love the play on words for your sentiment and Tilda is adorable. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, great colors and embellies!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Tildas Town this week.

    Hugs
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Davinia! Adorable Tilda and such pretty details! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovey card. So many nice details. Hugs Babi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card I love the red.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Midweek Magnolia's, hope to see you again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias 'Lots of layers' Challenge.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx